We’ve had a bit of a medical crisis at my house in the last 24 hours. Don’t worry, everyone’s going to be all right, but dealing with it has pretty much eaten up all the time and brain power I had in reserve, and everything I’d meant to say about my chosen topic is scattered in untidy heaps inside my head.
In short, no new original post from moi this week. Please accept my apologies, and I’ll do better next time, I promise.
As a diversion in the meantime, how about another game of iPod Roulette?
You don’t necessarily need an Apple iPod to play it…any Mp3 player or computer music player will do, so long as it has a “Shuffle” feature that allows you to play random songs from your library. It goes like this: (1) Hit Shuffle. (2) In the comments, post the first twenty songs that come up. (You can forward through if you don’t want to listen to all of them before posting). (3) Be honest.
The choices of my Creative Zen Touch:
- Simple Minds-Don’t You Forget About Me
- The Who-The Real Me
- Coldplay-Fix You
- Liz Phair-Girls! Girls! Girls!
- Bruce Springsteen-Workin’ On the Highway
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers-Here Comes My Girl
- Paul Simon-Homeless
- U2-I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
- Tom Lehrer-Poisoning Pigeons In The Park
- The Replacements-I Will Dare
- Buzzin’ Cousins-Sweet Suzanne
- Lucinda Williams-Out of Touch
- Stones-Gimme Shelter
- White Zombie-I, Zombie
- Sex Pistols-Anarchy in the U.K.
- Little Feat-Rocket in My Pocket
- English Beat-Best Friend
- Guy Clark-South Coast of Texas
- Neil Young- My, My, Hey, Hey (Out of the Blue)
- Tangerine Dream-Prophet in Chains
And if that’s not sufficent diversion, here is a bunny with a pancake on its head:
Gotta go, see you next time…