By PD Martin
It’s hard to believe it’s February already. I missed my 1 January post completely (oops) and now it’s February. How did that happen? I know, I got sidetracked by life…my daughter’s birthday, Christmas, New Year, summer school holidays, etc. etc.
And now school’s back (as of Thursday) and I find myself more in my usual writing routine (if you can call it that when my time is scheduled around a 2yro!).
So, some big news coming soon from me. I’m branching out into my own creative writing training business. I’m finalising the venue at the moment, but this year I’ll be running some intensive writing courses and maybe a couple of other courses. I’m very excited about this new venture, although also wondering how I’ll publicise them! But I’ve got to finalise the details first.
This is the format for the week-long intensive course. It is during the week so people will need to take time off work but after meeting Fiona McIntosh at Clare Writers’ Festival and hearing about her courses, I know there’s a market there!
- Monday-Friday, 9.30am-3.30pm
- Five days of intensive training for complete creative immersion
- Exclusive sessions capped at 12 people so you get individual attention
- Creatively inspiring environment
- Full catering so you can focus on the writing
- Extensive notes
- In-depth exercises to help you put theory into practice
- A range of tools to make your novel the best it can be
- Intensive work on characterisation and plot development (with application to your novel)
- Access to internationally published author (that’s me!)
- First 15 pages of your manuscript (12pt, Times New Roman, 1.5 spaced) edited/critiqued by PD Martin (me again!)
Anyway, more on this and my other courses soon. Hope all my readers have had a lovely January!